· Exposure to sun mobilizes nitric oxide (neurotransmitter) and helps lower blood pressure.
· One third of new drugs require additional safety warnings, even after they have been approved.
· One study shows that men who drank sodas daily increased their risk of gout by 45 percent.
· Red onions are higher in phytonutrients than are white onions.
· Birth control pills are linked with an increased risk of depression.
· Low vitamin D and calcium may increase risk of early menopause.
· Stroke rates are declining among older people, but are increasing in the 25-44 age group.
· Mothers who eat a lot of sugar during pregnancy can cause a higher risk of allergies and allergic asthma in their babies.